Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is it Monday???

Every morning I have the kids Hanna wakes up and asks me what day it is. She is hoping that it is not Monday. On Mondays she has to go to Kindercare daycare. She hates it!!! On Mondays when she asks I just kind of ignore her and dont answer when she asks what day it is. Well she is getting very smart. She has figured me out!! Last week we got to the daycare and she was screaming at the top of her lungs that it was Saturday! She just kept yelling at me that it was Saturday she promised. All of the people were staring at us like she was crazy (and she was)!!! This past Monday I resorted to bribery!! Believe it or not it worked. She walked in all by herself with her new shiny black boots on of course! She could not wait to show Miss Patti her new boots. She walked in and sat down like she was dying for someone to ask her about them and then finally the teacher noticed her, more so because she had never seen her come in not screaming before. But anyway it was enough that I could leave without all of the drama!!! I think every Monday I am going to have to have a special bribe. Im sure you are all thinking what a bad idea that is but you have not been through the hair pulling and kicking tantrums we have been through this past few months!! Wish us luck!!! I am dreading when she has to start kindergarten. I have no idea where she got this from because I remember loving school and could not wait to go!! My Mother was so lucky to have child like me!!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I can't believe you posted again so soon. Are you feeling ok?

Whitney said...

Your mother was so lucky to have a child like you? Ever heard of Karma?

Jill Johnson said...

Good one Whit. I do think bribery is the way to go with that kid. NOTE: Bribery only works so long. Believe me it only worked so long with my Hanna-McKinley!!

Liesl said...

You keep telling yourself you were a great kid. You seem to have the same amnesia Aaron has!