Friday, September 19, 2008

I dont want to share anymore!!!

I had the weirdest thing happen to me since I have been a Mother last night. I went to Ashlys soccer game and sat down with the other soccer Moms. Josh and his wife were there (I always sit as far away from them as I can). Then my Hanna and Kayt ran up to these two people who were strangers to me. They gave them hugs and were calling them Grandpma and Grandpa. They had treats and little presents for my kids. I realized they were the step mothers parents. As a Mother you want to know everyone your kids are spending time with and have relationships with. I felt like my kids have a double life or something. I have known for a long time that they spend time with these people but to see it with my own eyes and to hear them call strangers to me Grandma and Grandpa was just to much!!! It is the weirdest thing to think they have another family that I have no idea about. Who are these people??? Are they good people??? Do they teach them good things??? I tried so hard not to watch them interact with MY kids but it was awful to see my naughty little Hanna act happier to see them then she was to see me when I walked up! I am struggling so hard with this! I just wanted to yell at them and tell them what kind of a person their new son-in-law was. And what their daughter did to my family!!! I kept my mouth shut. The other Mothers I was sitting with could tell how crazy this was for me so thank goodness the game was close and we talked about all of the kids and they kept me busy!!! I guess this will get easier but how much more can I take???? I just want my kids to myself!! I HATE SHARING MY KIDS!!!!! Well that is my venting publicly again!!!

3 comments:

Liesl said...

Anger management!

Whitney said...

It will get better. Just remember you will always be the favorite, and "evil mother" isn't nearly as cool sounding as "evil stepmother"

NICOLE said...

If you want, I will go to a soccer game with you and wear my stilettos and the hillary clinton mask!!!