Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Carving pumpkins!

Cleo is going to be a pumpkin for Halloween so I thought I should put her picture up too!!
Of course Ashly and hanna had to fight!! The funny thing is Hanna usually wins!

When we went to pick out pumpkins Kayt said she was going to pick the biggest one because she had heard that they have the less guts inside, but not this time!! I have never seen a pumpkin so full of stuff!! It took both of them to clean it out!


Ash the perfectionist took a very long time to get hers just perfect!! She is too funny!




All of them working so hard!! When we started cleaning out Hanna's she just touched the inside and said "You know Mom that feels kinda gross and sticky how about you just clean it out for me, I dont want to get dirty!!" Where did she come from??




5 comments:

Megan said...

I'm so glad you're still alive. I was worried. We need to carve our pumpkins-maybe Hanna could come help Venna clean hers out!

Karla and Wayne said...

So nice to see your kids again!!!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Sharon said...

I forgot you even had a blog! Holy crap you guys look like such a normal family, carving pumkins together. This makes my heart all warm and fuzzy!!!

NICOLE said...

What the heck is wrong with you? You blogged!!!

How are you? said...

The dog is cute. What bread is your dog 4 Crazy Girls. AHHHH!!! I was a ghost one year. My mother made the ghost herself out of a top sheet. Another year I was a Snow White (the custom was bought at a store) I went to school with the costum. My fellow classmates were dressed up too. Then their was an after school Halloween Parade in the streets for all the kids that attended the Public School. Thats cute.
Bonding time like that is fun as kid(s). I never made a Jack O Lantern from a real homemade pumpkin as a child. If I have kids some day--I would like to try make a pumpkin Jack O Lantern with them. SOme large pumpkins have lots of pumpkin guts in them. I have a few questions: What do you do after you take out the guts? What do you do with the pumkin lanterns after Holloween? How do you get the light in the Pumpkin with out setting it on fire?